Monday, May 3, 2010

Lame-o trots

Worked Star and Papillon today. Star's trot is terrible. I knew that already, I suppose, but watching from the ground really gave me new insight. Her right hind is so weak its amazing. I try to ask her and bend and use it more and she looks almost lame. I'm going to continue the lunge work to focus on that leg, and continue lots of walking to build the muscle. I've been just getting on her with just her halter (and Alyssa's reins clipped to the bottom of it) after I finish the lunge work and we walk around while I listen to music. This is Star's kind of work out. Minus the trotting on the lunge of course.

I walked Papillon in-hand for 20 minutes and did another 30+ minutes of walking. She wasn't really sound to trot. I'm not that worried about it. This is only the second week of having her out and she'll get stronger.

I need to get Lady and Colonel into the mix somehow. Too bad I cant pony Lady off of Papillon or visa versa.

No comments: